Welcome to Crestwood School
Danette Young, Superintendent
Dan Lynch, Principal
The District is proud of it rich history and student accomplishments as it offers a well-rounded quality education to students of all abilities.
Community Unit School District No. 4 is the home of the Crestwood Eagles and the Paris Unit 4 High School Tigers. The school currently houses 500 pre-kindergarten through eighth grade students with 220 high school students attending Paris High School.
While the school ranks high academically, this is only one factor contributing to the success of students. This past year, the Crestwood Eagles brought home two state trophies and made five IESA state appearances. The 7th Grade Girls' Basketball took 3rd place in the state tournament. The 8th Grade Boys’ Track Team finished the year by securing a 2nd place State trophy. It is through the talent and hard work of coaches, players, and parents that events like this occur.
A main focus for Crestwood during the
2017-2018 school year will be looking toward STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
Art, Math) activities.
A new math series was implemented in 2015 in K-8 that contains many
online components. The school will be in
its fourth year of implementing one-to-one digital laptops for every 8th
grader. In addition, the district
partnered with Lake Land College to obtain sixteen robotics kits to use with
In addition to the emphasis on STEAM, teacher using the Common Core Standards and using assessments and data to drive instruction at all grade levels remains a priority as well as keeping the reading program in full swing.
Crestwood School offers a well-rounded, quality educational program as evidenced by both data and several recognition awards.
· A strong reading program at the primary level with 100% of kindergarten students meeting all end of year reading benchmarks
· 92% of all K-2 students met the end of the year reading benchmarks
· Ecology Team – 3rd place in Shelbyville Eco Meet 2015 and again in 2016
· Scholastic Bowl Team - 6 trips to state finals with most recent 2nd State 2010
· National Board Certified Teachers
· ThinkPad laptop for every 8th grader
Crestwood School annually coordinates many successful educational events and activities such as Pioneer Days, Learning Fair, Reading Challenges, classroom projects, field trips, and grade level music programs. The school also offers a variety of extra-curricular activities for student participation in which much success has been obtained over the years.
· Girls’ Volleyball – State appearance 2017, 2nd State 2016 in 8th and 3rd State 2016 for 7th; 2nd State 2015 and 4th State 2007
· Boys’ Baseball - 2nd State 2013
· Girls’ Softball – 4th State 2015
· Girls’ Basketball - 3rd in State in 2016, State appearance 2014, 9 State Champion titles, record holder for the most state appearances, the most wins at state tournaments, and the most state tournament titles
· Boys’ Basketball - State appearance 2017 and 2014 and State Champions 2005
· Cheerleading – 2nd State in 2016; State Champions 2010
· Boys’ Track – 2nd State 2017, 3rd State 2016 with 11 individual medalists including State Champion Relay Team; 3rd State 2004 while breaking two state tournament records
· Girls’ Track – 2 individual medalists 2016
· Art Club
· Jr. High Musical – “Annie” that amazed the audience
· Science Club - Annual overnight cave camping trip to Blue Springs Cavern
· Yearbook Club
· Student Council
· Bus Patrol
The district is excited about the new high school. Among other things, the building features a strong technology infrastructure, two STEM labs, a professional theatre, and collegiate-style cafeteria and library. The building project is a venture between two districts and is the first of its kind in the state of Illinois.
With its small family-like atmosphere and caring, dedicated staff, Crestwood School is a great place to receive an education. Please view the website for more details about the district and recent school events.